1. How can I apply BEC Jockey Club Intelligent Resource Management Programme?
Fill in the application form and return to BEC by the following means:
1. Email to ;
2. Fax to 2784 6699
3. Post to BEC office (post address: 2/F, 77 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong)
Please indicate “Application of BEC Jockey Club Intelligent Resource Management Programme” in the subject.
2. When is the application deadline?
All application should be submitted on or before 30 June 2019.
3. What should I submit during application?
Applicants shall complete and submit the application form, which can be downloaded here.
4. Who are eligible to apply?
Our Programme is set up for three types of buildings:
1. Commercial office buildings
2. Private residential buildings
Applicants should be a representative of the property management company that owns the building; or staff members of the applying school.
5. How will I know whether my application is successful?
Once application is approved, you will receive an email that confirms the creation of your Intelligent Resource Management Platform account with a link to activate it. And BEC will contact you to discuss the details of smart scale installation. You may also call the programme hotline 2784 3944 to enquire your application progress.
6. What are my costs and responsibilities as a participant of this Programme?
This Programme is free of charge. Participants need to ensure the consistent recording and uploading of daily waste and recyclables weight data with the Programme’s smart scale and mobile app.
7. What are the benefits of participating in this Programme?
(1) Obtain refined information on waste situation and reduction methods; also prepare for the implementation of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) charging
(2) Enhance awareness in waste reduction and resource recycling; and provide other learning experiences (OLE) to students
(3) Fulfill waste management requirements for green building assessments (e.g. BEAM Plus)
(4) Learn best practice of waste management in the sector
(5) Achieve recognition for waste management efforts
(6) Implement waste reduction practices, relieve landfill pressure and fulfill corporate social responsibility
8. What are my responsibilities as a participant of this Programme?
(1) Coordinate with cleansing workers to record weight of waste and recyclables generated daily
(2) Conduct compliance check on regular basis to ensure reliability of data collected
(3) Assist communication within tenants / residents / students to ensure smooth operation of the programme